Summer officially starts in just a few days and we're refining all our seasonal bone broth recipes to help you find delicious ways of continuing the habit through the upcoming months. In the heat of the afternoon, no doubt the LAST think you're craving is a piping hot bowl of broth fresh off the stove. However, a creamy cup of chilled avocado soup which uses bone broth as a base is the PERFECT lazy summer lunch - it has omegas, protein, collagen, potassium, fiber, and is ridiculously refreshing. Not to mention it took less than 15 minutes to make. We've played with a few different iterations of this recipe; however, the one below is by far the clear winner. Bon appétit!
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 1 cup regular yogurt or kefir
- 2 cups cooled bone broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Cilantro for garnish
HOW TO COOK
- Scoop avocados out of skin and place in blender
- Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth
- Garnish with cilantro and a pinch of coriander
- If you're feeling frisky or like a little crunch, garnish with a few pine nuts and a slice of cucumber.